COVID-19 Library Updates
We have missed you while the Library has been closed! Please take a look at what we’ve been up to since we closed the Library on March 19.
- LPL closed on: Thursday, March 19
- Curbside service began on: Monday, March 23
- LPL Live virtual children’s programs for spring began on: Monday, March 23
- Curbside service ended on: Monday, March 30 (due to Governor Northam’s Executive order)
- Home delivery began on: Monday, May 4
- Curbside service resumed on: Monday, June 1
- LPL’s First Virtual Summer Reading Program began on: Monday, June 8
- Computer appointments for essential business only (1 hour limit per day) began on: Monday, July 27
- Browsing and essential computer appointments with M-W-F hours, began on Monday, August 31
- Saturday hours for appointments and curbside service began on September 12
- LPL Live virtual children’s programs for fall began on: Monday, September 14
During the current Library closure, staff is hard at work:
- Cleaning and disinfecting everything!
- Weeding, shifting, reorganizing, cataloging, labeling, mending, and shelving materials
- Planning, preparing, presenting, and recording virtual programs
- Organizing and providing curbside service to patrons, observing health and safety guidelines such as wearing of masks and gloves, social distancing, hand washing, and sanitizing of materials
- Stocking and sanitizing three Little Free Libraries, located at the Ed Page entrance to the Blackwater Creek Trail, Riverside Park, and the Community Market
- Ordering e-books and print books
- Answering phone calls and providing reference/reader’s advisory assistance
- Assisting patrons with wireless printing and faxing
- Moving furniture and reconfiguring the Library space to follow physical distancing guidelines
Most recently, in coordination with the City of Lynchburg, Library staff have been working to prepare the Library for reopening as soon as key factors, including local case numbers, indicate it is safe to do so. We want you to know that we are working hard to reopen the Library and are anxious to welcome you back.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Library Director, Beverly Blair at 434-455-6330.