Curbside pickup service is available during the following hours:
10:00 AM-5:00 PM
We are offering curbside pickup at the Main Library for your convenience! This service is available for holds only.
How our curbside pickup works:
- Place your items on hold using our online catalog here at lynchburgpubliclibrary.org or by calling (434) 455-6336.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for processing.
- You will be notified by email/phone when your hold arrives. Items are normally held for 8 business days after notification. Please call (434) 455-6336 if you require an extension.
- Please park in the one of the six designated parking spaces and call (434) 455-6336. You will be asked to verify your name and library card number.
- Next, please open the trunk of your vehicle before the staff member arrives. To practice social distancing, staff will not hand items directly to patrons. Please allow up to 10 minutes for delivery to your vehicle.
Questions? Don’t have a cell phone? Will you be a “walk-up” instead? Please call the Circulation Department at (434) 455-6336.
NOTE: Curbside delivery is suspended during thunder and lightning.
“When thunder roars, go indoors!”
- For the safety of our staff, when thunder is heard, curbside delivery will be suspended until 30 minutes after the last thunderclap.
- Items set to expire will be held for an additional day or two in order to give patrons time to come back for them.
- Call (434) 455-6336 if more time is needed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.