Public Law Library
The Law Library is located in the Downtown Branch and is currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Law Library collection includes access to LexisNexis. The Lynchburg Public Law Library is supported by funds collected for Law Libraries as specified in the Code of Virginia 42.1-70.
VIRGINIA HOLDINGS – PRINT AND CD-ROM
- Virginia Code
- Lynchburg City Code of Ordinances
- Acts of the Assembly
- Virginia Reports
- Michie’s Jurisprudence
- Attorney General Opinions
- Virginia Court of Appeals Reports
- Virginia Law Reports
- Virginia Forms
- CLE Materials
- Law Reviews
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Other Virginia texts and supplementary material
- Nolo Press and other publications on popular topics
- Black’s Law Dictionary
LEXISNEXIS SEARCHING AVAILABLE
- From now until May 31st, access is available to LexisNexis by clicking here. Registering for a temporary ID will grant access to Lexis Advance for 30 days or until May 31st (whichever is shorter).
Visit this page for a variety of links useful when doing legal research.