Summer Reading – Tweens & Teens Program
The Tweens and Teens Summer Reading Program is open to ages 10-17 (if you are 10 you may choose between the Children’s or Tween & Teen Reading Program). Track your reading throughout the summer to earn points! The more points you earn, the more chances you will have to win one of our Summer Reading prizes!
This summer, we are offering an exciting mix of in-person and virtual programs for Tweens and Teens! Preregistration will be required for all in-person programs.
How to Track Your Reading:
- To log your reading online, visit our READsquared website or download the app from the app store on your smartphone or tablet and register for an account. Make sure to log your reading by July 31 to be entered into the prize drawings.
- Prefer to track your reading on paper? You can also visit the Library anytime throughout the summer to pick up a paper log, instead. Once you have filled your paper log, return it to the Youth Services desk by July 31 to be entered into the prize drawings and to receive your free book.
- Log your time spent reading.
- Any type of reading material (print, e-book, graphic novels, audio-book, etc.) counts toward your goal.
- 1 Book = 200 Points
- 1 minute read = 1 Point
For every 100 points, you will earn a badge to progress to the next level. At Level 5 each participant will receive a free book and Tails and Tales Tote Bag (bags are available while supplies last.) At Levels 8, 9, and 10 each participant will be entered for a chance to win one of the fun prizes listed below. Once you’ve earned 1000 points and reached Level 10, you will have completed the program!
- Level 8 – 800 Points: $25 Givens Books & Little Dickens Gift Card (1 winner)
- Level 9 – 900 Points: $50 Amazon Gift Card (1 winner)
- Level 10 – 1000 Points: Grand Prize – Nintendo Switch Lite & $10 eShop gift card (1 winner)