Summer Reading – Adults Program
We are thrilled to announce that we will be offering an exciting online Summer Reading Program through READsquared! This program will allow you to earn badges and entries into our raffle drawings for the time you spend reading and completing fun activities throughout the summer.
How It Works:
- Visit our READsquared website or download the app from the app store on your smartphone or tablet and register for an account. If you participated in the 2020 Summer Reading Program or the 2021 Adult Winter Reading Challenge, you may use the same account.
- Log your time spent reading (1 minute = 1 point).
- Any type of reading material (print, e-book, graphic novels, audio-book, etc.) counts toward your goal.
- Reading to your children counts as well.
- Additional points may be earned by completing a mission.
- After every 120 points, you will earn a fun badge and move on to the next level. Once you’ve earned 1200 points and reached level 10, you will have completed the program!
- Free Book: Once you have reached level five of the program (600 points/10 hours of reading), stop by the Adult Services desk to pick out a free book.
- Yeti Tumbler (2 winners): Once you have reached level eight of the program (960 points/16 hours of reading), you will be eligible for our Yeti tumbler raffle drawing.
- $100 Seaquest Gift Card (1 winner): Once you have reached level nine of the program (1080 points/18 hours of reading), you will be eligible for our $100 Seaquest gift card drawing.
- Yeti Cooler (1 winner): Once you have reached level ten of the program (1200 points/20 hours of reading), you will be eligible for our Grand Prize drawing.