Teen Advisory Board
Make a difference in your public library!
The LPL Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is seeking members. TAB will allow you the opportunity to plan, implement, and promote programs for Teens at the library.
- TAB is open to ages 13-17.
- All TAB members must commit to attending one TAB meeting per month. If a member is absent for more than two consecutive TAB meetings (without valid excuse), the member will be dropped from TAB.
- Each month, members will earn one volunteer hour for attending the TAB meeting. Additionally, members will be required to fulfill one additional volunteer hour each month at the library, to earn a total of 2 volunteer hours. Members MUST fulfill this additional hour to remain a member of TAB. If a member continues to miss these volunteer hours for more than two months, the member will be dropped from TAB.
- Meetings will begin on Sept 6, 2022 and members must commit to a one year membership (Sept 2022 – May 2023).
- Facilitate Teen Tuesdays program (with assistance of Youth Librarian).
- Decorate chalkboards in the Teen Room.
- Offer ideas and insight into planning programs at the library for teens (craft programs, book clubs, etc).
- Write for the Teen Advisory Board blog, Hill City Teens.
- Work with other TAB members to fulfill special projects (i.e. planning a holiday event).
- Offer suggestions for new additions to Middle Grade & YA collections.