Connect With Us
Look for the Friends online!
Upcoming Friends fundraisers
Stay tuned for information on the next Friends fundraiser! Past events have included author talks, a miniature golf tournament, and more in addition to annual Paper Shredding & Sidewalk Book Sale events each spring and fall.
The Friends support a variety of Library programs, including:
- Youth and family events, such as magic shows, theatre performances, etc.
- Library outreach events in the community
- Library book clubs
- Craft supplies for youth and adult craft programs
- Snacks for various library events
- Summer Reading Program for all ages
- Prizes, book giveaways, decorations, publicity
- Grant writing to support library programming
- Born to Read program, which provides every baby born at the Virginia Baptist Hospital with a book to keep
Visit the Library’s event calendar to learn more about their current programs.