Here is the current information we have on this year’s AARP Tax-Aide. We will update this page whenever there is news to share.
Volunteers from AARP are planning to provide free Tax Preparation assistance again this year at the Lynchburg Public Library.
- At this time, the start date is planned for March 2, 2021 by appointment only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Beginning March 2, you will be able to pick up tax instruction info packets on Tues, Thurs & Sat from 8 AM until Noon at the Community Meeting Room entrance.
- Appointments will be required. It is important to follow all the instructions in the tax package very carefully. This will include an appointment for you to drop off your paperwork with a Tax-Aide volunteer, and an appointment for you to pick up your paperwork once your return is finished.
- To make an appointment, or to ask a question about AARP Tax-Aide, you will need to call a special Tax-Aide phone number. The Tax-Aide phone number is located inside the packet. The Tax-Aide phone number is NOT a Library phone number. Library staff will not be able to schedule your Tax-Aide appointment and cannot give tax advice.
- The Library has received 1040 (federal) and 760 (VA state) forms. Federal forms and booklets are available by the front doors inside the lobby of the Library. State forms are available at the Adult Services reference desk.
If COVID-19 restrictions change, AARP Tax-Aide may not be able to provide services this year. The Library does not set the criteria for whether volunteers can provide tax services–that is determined by AARP.