The Lynchburg Public Library Book Sale is open to patrons several days each month, in the donations room in the Adult Services department.
If you are interested in donating materials to the Library, please read our Gift Policy.
- Please limit donations to 50 items per month.
- We are currently in need of: newer fiction, bestsellers, recent magazines, DVDs, classics, history books, CD/audiobooks, children’s books, and specialty books (arts & crafts, sewing, “how-to,” woodworking, decorating, etc.)
- We do not accept: Readers Digest condensed books, VHS/cassette tapes, textbooks, encyclopedias, National Geographic magazines, books in foreign languages, or damaged, stained items (spots on page edges, mold, loose pages/binding, odors, excessive dust, dirty, etc.)
- Books need to be boxed or in sturdy bags with handles
- Donations can be made at the circulation desk during library hours. Donations should not be placed in the book drops or left outside when the library is closed.
Current hours are: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:00 AM-2:00 PM* Come browse among hundreds of used books and other items! (Social distancing should still be observed.) Most items are priced at $1 or less. Cash and checks are accepted. All proceeds benefit the Lynchburg Public Library.
Mystery bags and tote bags:
Each “mystery” gift bag of books contains at least 6 items, and is tagged with a different theme and price. Try your luck for $1-$5 a bag!
*More Book Sale dates may be added, depending upon volunteer availability. These will be announced on our Facebook page. Questions? Contact: Amy Arranga Volunteer Coordinator (434) 455-6306