Connect With Us
Look for the Friends online!
Follow us on Facebook and Share Greater Lynchburg and stay up-to-date on our fundraising events and current Library programs.
Follow the Lynchburg Public Library on Facebook and Instagram.
Upcoming Friends fundraisers
Stay tuned for information on the next Friends fundraiser! Past events have included author talks, a miniature golf tournament, and more in addition to annual Paper Shredding & Sidewalk Book Sale events each spring and fall.
The Friends support a variety of Library programs, including:
- Youth and family events, such as magic shows, theatre performances, etc.
- Library outreach events in the community
- Library book clubs
- Craft supplies for youth and adult craft programs
- Snacks for various library events
- Summer Reading Program for all ages
- prizes, book giveaways, decorations, publicity
- Grant writing to support library programming
- Born to Read program, which provides every baby born at the Virginia Baptist Hospital with a book to keep
Visit the Library’s event calendar to learn more about their current programs.
- Event Calendar: https://lynchburg.librarycalendar.com/