In order to give our patrons more access to the latest eBook and eAudiobook releases, Lynchburg Public Library patrons will have access to new Flex Items in Hoopla starting on March 10th, 2021.
In addition to the 6 Hoopla Instant Borrows you receive each month with your Lynchburg Public Library card, you will also have 2 Hoopla Flex Borrows you can use on specially marked Hoopla Flex eBooks and eAudiobooks.
How is Flex different from Instant?
- Flex Borrows don’t expire after you use them. You won’t have to wait until the start of a new month to get your Flex Borrows back. If you ever run out of Flex Borrows, you can always return a checked out Flex item and select a new one.
- Flex Items can only be checked out to one person at a time – Multiple people can have an Instant Item checked out
at the same time.
- If a Flex Item is currently checked out, you can place it on hold and you’ll be notified as soon as it’s available for you.
Don’t forget to check out your holds on Hoopla after you’ve been notified! Your holds will expire in 48 hours if left unborrowed.
- You can have up to 5 items on hold at a time.
- Flex Items can’t be renewed.
If another borrower isn’t waiting on a Flex Item after you, you can simply check it out again using one of your Flex Borrows.